Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Songs to Play at My Funeral

Not that I'm dying, but I was thinking about what songs I would want to play at my funeral. Like in Love Actually when the wife of Liam Neeson's character dies and she had requested he play "Bye bye baby." It was a great choice because it was moving yet irrevent, respecting and appreciating her time on the earth but without over-doing the melancholy of her passing.

My choices would certainly be varied, but some of the criteria would be:
- Something sad and moving
- Something celebratory and uplifting
- Something funny or ironic

I'll be updating this frequently, but I've got some early options today.

"Breathless" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds


"Into My Arms" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Definitely death appropriate, it'll get the tears flowing too.


"I am Goodbye" by Bonnie Prince Billy
Straight up great song. Nice video too.


"Easy Does It" by Bonnie Prince Billy
I think kinda captures my laissez faire attitude...unfortunately


"I'll Be Glad" by Bonnie Prince Billy
Clearly i'm obsessed with BPB these days. Listen to this one to the end...it'll get ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment