Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I had a sad realization today...

Pretty much every day, my mind goes on these tangents in which i envision these really strange things happening to me. They go on for a long time and almost always involve an argument with some random person, friend or stranger, or me getting terribly injured and the events that would follow. For instance, today i pictured myself taking this little shortcut over a couple of stones that i use in the summer when leaving the subway station. Due to the ice and snow, however, i imagined myself slipping and falling forward, slamming my teeth against the cold hard rocks and destroying four or five teeth in the front of my mouth. I imagined the embarassment of people watching as i spit the blood and teeth out of my mouth, asking them to call an ambulance while i call Scott at work to tell him i won't be on time today. It was really graphic. My mom would say I watch too many scary movies and that's probably true.

The sad realization i had is that these are my daydreams. I don't lie on the side of grassy hillsides watching clouds go by and daydreaming about eating icecream while catching butterflies. My daydreams are about me getting horribly injured or how i would handle myself in an argument. Random. And probably really revealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment